Servicing your car at the manufacturer’s suggested intervals isn’t only important, it’s vital to keep your car going for longer without costing you more.
We all know that car services and parts are often a costly affair and that there are numerous stories of people who have fallen victim to dishonest technicians or workshops. Here are some tips to assist you when choosing a reputable service provider so that you get the best out of your car service:
- Do your research – when looking for a workshop, ask around and do a search on the internet. You are sure to get opinions from different people that will help you in your decision-making process. There are reputable bodies or associations that workshops can become members of. This ensures that their work is up to a certain level.
- More than one quote – once you have decided on a few workshops, get quotes from them. While these quotes might not always be true to the final amount payable, you should get a good idea of how much it’s going to cost you. Always remember to mention any strange sounds you have noticed or other vital information like if your car was in an accident.
- Parts – always ask whether the workshop you have chosen uses genuine parts and if they are new. If you are paying for the genuine, new part – that is what you should get, so always make sure.
- Double check – insist that the workshop gives you a call with all the necessary information before they replace or start working on something that wasn’t included in the initial quote. Without your approval, they are not allowed to complete that specific task.
- Done and dusted – when you get the call that your car has been serviced and is ready for collection, ask the technician to take you through the work he has completed to ensure everything has been done. If you are not satisfied, take the car back immediately. There is an Ombudsman for the motor industry.
This checklist might seem a bit overwhelming, especially if you don’t have the knowledge required to feel confident when accepting a quote or work completed. Take the hassle and stress out of servicing your car by going straight to a service provider that has been approved by Mobility-Online.
Mobility-Online approved service providers must adhere to our strict standard of service and comply with our rules and regulations. This not only ensures that their workmanship is of the highest quality at affordable prices, but it gives you the customer that valuable peace of mind.